Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Bullfrog, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Bullfrog and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Bullfrog:
- 37.524601, -110.721552
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Bullfrog
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Bullfrog ...
We have found two communities that share the name Bullfrog.
Within Utah, the name Bullfrog is unique.
Beyond Utah, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Nye County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Nevada community of Bullfrog [Nye County].
- Kittitas County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Washington community of Bullfrog [Kittitas County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bullfrog ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Clay Hills Crossing [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clay Hills Crossing
- Clay Hills Crossing [San Juan County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southeast of Bullfrog
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clay Hills Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clay Hills Crossing
- Eggnog [Garfield County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eggnog
- Eggnog [Garfield County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northwest of Bullfrog
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eggnog have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Gravel Crossing [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gravel Crossing
- Gravel Crossing [San Juan County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Bullfrog
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gravel Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gravel Crossing
- Halls Crossing [San Juan County]
- Soldier Crossing [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Soldier Crossing
- Soldier Crossing [San Juan County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the east of Bullfrog
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Soldier Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Soldier Crossing
How Far From Bullfrog to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bullfrog to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bullfrog and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Kanab, which is the Seat of Kane County and lies 104 miles [167.4 km]<3> to the west southwest. If you could drive a straight line from Bullfrog to Kanab, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 4 days.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 232 miles [373.4 km] to the north northwest (NNW). Driving would take nearly four hours, a buggy would take 9 days and walking would take 14 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,819 miles [2,927.4 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,164 miles [11,529.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,931 miles [12,763.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,882 miles [9,466.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Utah
About Kane County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bullfrog. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Bullfrog, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bullfrog could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bullfrog) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bullfrog. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bullfrog
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bullfrog. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5246, Longitude: -110.7216
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bullfrog to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.662 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.703 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.306 degrees.||