Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Browse, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Browse and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Browse:
- 37.256669, -113.359387
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Browse
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Browse ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Adventure [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adventure
- Adventure [Washington County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Browse
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Adventure. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Apple Valley [Washington County]
- Fort Harmony [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Harmony
- Fort Harmony [Washington County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Browse
- Harrisburg [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrisburg
- Harrisburg [Washington County] was located 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Browse
- Former names for Harrisburg:
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Harrisburg Junction [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrisburg Junction
- Harrisburg Junction [Washington County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Browse
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harrisburg Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrisburg Junction
- Hurricane [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hurricane
- Hurricane [Washington County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Browse
- Estimated population in 2019: 19,074 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hurricane
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hurricane<3>
- New Harmony [Washington County]
- Silver Reef [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Reef
- Silver Reef [Washington County] was located less than 2 miles<1> to the west of Browse
- Virgin [Washington County]
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Browse. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
How Far From Browse to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Browse to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Browse and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Saint George, which is the Seat of Washington County and lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southwest. If you could walk a straight line from Browse to Saint George, with an average speed<6> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take five to six hours.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 254 miles [408.8 km] to the north northeast (NNE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take four to five hours, a buggy would take 10 days and walking would take 15 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,964 miles [3,160.8 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 112 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,249 miles [11,666.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,017 miles [12,902.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,986 miles [9,633.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Utah Community
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Browse. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Washington County: www.washco.state.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Browse) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Browse. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Browse
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Browse. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.2567, Longitude: -113.3594
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Browse to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.704 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.116 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.802 degrees.||