Welcome to Briscoe ...
Briscoe is located in the Texas Panhandle.
Briscoe is located in Wheeler County<1>.
The location of Briscoe has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Briscoe is 2,650 feet [808 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Briscoe is ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Briscoe lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Briscoe is within the (806) area code.
The ZIP code for Briscoe: 79011<4>
Communities Also Named Briscoe ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Briscoe - they are located in Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Missouri, New York and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Briscoe.
Communities near Briscoe ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Briscoe.
- Wheeler [Wheeler County]
- Mobeetie [Wheeler County]
- Zybach [Wheeler County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zybach
- Zybach [Wheeler County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Briscoe
- Allison [Wheeler County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Magic City [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Magic City
- Magic City [Wheeler County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the south of Briscoe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Magic City have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Magic City
- Twitty [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twitty
- Twitty [Wheeler County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the south of Briscoe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twitty
- Mendota [Hemphill County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mendota
- Mendota [Hemphill County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the northwest of Briscoe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mendota have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Reydon [Roger Mills County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reydon
- Reydon [Roger Mills County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the east of Briscoe
- Population from the 2020 Census: 205 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Reydon have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reydon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Reydon<6>
- Miami [Roberts County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miami
- Miami [Roberts County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the west of Briscoe
- Population from the 2020 Census: 521 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Miami have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miami
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Miami<6>
- Canadian [Hemphill County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Briscoe. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Briscoe.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Briscoe. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Briscoe.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Briscoe. See our Newspapers Page for Briscoe.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Briscoe ...
Looking for more information about Briscoe? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Briscoe, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Briscoe.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Texas
About Wheeler County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Briscoe. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Texas: https://texas.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Texas' counties, including Wheeler, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Briscoe - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Briscoe). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Briscoe or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Briscoe) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Briscoe. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BriscoeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Briscoe. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.5837, Longitude: -100.2898 In this case, the coordinates for Briscoe have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|