Welcome to Adrian ...
The city of Adrian is located in the Texas Panhandle.
Adrian is located in Oldham County<1>.
The location of Adrian has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
When the people of Adrian refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Adrianite<3>
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Adrian has a population of 170 people<4> (see below for details).
The community of Adrian was established in 1900.
Adrian is 4,030 feet [1,228 m] above sea level.<5> In other words, the altitude of Adrian is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Adrian lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Adrian (for example, toward Logan (NM)), you will leave Central Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT).
The telephone area code for Adrian: (806)
The ZIP code for Adrian: 79001<6>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Adrian had an population of 170 people. This is an increase of 2.41% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 6.92% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Adrian had a population of 166 people (or 8.09% of the total population of Oldham County). This makes Adrian the county's 2nd most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 166 people, the population of Adrian increased 4.4% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 159 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Adrian.
Communities Also Named Adrian ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 18 communities that are also named Adrian - they are located in Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Dakota, Ohio (2), Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Washington and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Adrian.
Communities near Adrian ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Adrian.
- Vega [Oldham County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vega
- Vega [Oldham County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<7> to the east of Adrian
- Population from the 2020 Census: 933 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vega have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vega
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vega<8>
- Boise [Oldham County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boise
- Boise [Oldham County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<7> to the west of Adrian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boise have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- La Plata [Deaf Smith County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Plata
- La Plata [Deaf Smith County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<7> to the south of Adrian
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for La Plata. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<9>
- Glenrio [Quay County] - Historic
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Glenrio [Deaf Smith County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenrio
- Glenrio [Deaf Smith County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<7> to the west of Adrian
- Wildorado [Oldham County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildorado
- Wildorado [Oldham County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<7> to the east of Adrian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildorado have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildorado
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wildorado<8>
- Tascosa [Oldham County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tascosa
- Tascosa [Oldham County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<7> to the northeast of Adrian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tascosa have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Nara Visa [Quay County]
- Channing [Hartley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Channing
- Channing [Hartley County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<7> to the northeast of Adrian
- Population from the 2020 Census: 333 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Channing
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Channing<8>
- Bushland [Potter County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bushland
- Bushland [Potter County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<7> to the east of Adrian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bushland have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bushland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bushland<8>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Adrian. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Adrian.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Adrian. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Adrian.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Adrian. See our Newspapers Page for Adrian.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Adrian ...
Looking for more information about Adrian? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Adrian, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Adrian.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Texas
About Oldham County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Adrian. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Texas: https://texas.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Texas' counties, including Oldham, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Adrian refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a city's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Adrian may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<4>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Adrian.|
|<5>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Adrian - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<6>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Adrian). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Adrian or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<7>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Adrian) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Adrian. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AdrianOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adrian. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.2752, Longitude: -102.6651 In this case, the coordinates for Adrian have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<8>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<9>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|