Welcome to Watson ...
The town of Watson is 1,790 feet [546 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Watson lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Watson: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Watson: S0K<3>
Communities Also Named Watson ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 57 communities that are also named Watson - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas (3), British Columbia, California (2), Colorado, Florida (2), Georgia (2), Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa, Kansas (3), Kentucky (2), Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan (3), Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri (2), Montana (2), Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon (2), Pennsylvania (2), Tennessee (4), Texas (3), Utah (2), Virginia, West Virginia and Yukon.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Watson.
Communities near Watson ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Watson.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Naicam
- Naicam lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Watson.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Naicam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Naicam
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Naicam<6>
- Quill Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Quill Lake
- Quill Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Watson.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Quill Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Quill Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Englefeld
- Englefeld lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Watson.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Englefeld came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Englefeld
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spalding
- Spalding lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Watson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spalding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Annaheim
- Annaheim lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Watson.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Annaheim came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Annaheim
- Saint Gregor
- Romance ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Romance
- Romance was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Watson.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clair
- Clair lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the east of Watson.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clair came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clair
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Watson ...
Looking for more information about Watson? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Watson, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Watson.
Adding Watson to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source that we've referenced which mentioned Watson was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
We also found Watson mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian National Railway Time Tables (October 1960).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Watson.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Watson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Watson - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Watson). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Watson or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Watson) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Watson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WatsonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Watson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1294, Longitude: -104.5237 |
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|