Curious and Interesting Names Near Riverhurst ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cutbank
- Cutbank lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the north of Riverhurst
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cutbank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutbank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eyebrow
- Eyebrow lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the east of Riverhurst
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eyebrow
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grainland
- Grainland lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Riverhurst
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grainland. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grainland
- Log Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Log Valley
- Log Valley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Riverhurst
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Log Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Log Valley
- Lucky Lake
- Main Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Main Centre
- Main Centre lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Riverhurst
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Main Centre came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Main Centre
- Thunder Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thunder Creek
- Thunder Creek lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Riverhurst
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thunder Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thunder Creek
How Far From Riverhurst to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Riverhurst to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Riverhurst and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 103 miles [165.8 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Riverhurst to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 4 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,472 miles [2,369 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 84 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,271 miles [10,092.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,040 miles [11,329.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,056 miles [8,136.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Riverhurst. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Riverhurst) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Riverhurst. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RiverhurstOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Riverhurst. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.9029, Longitude: -106.8678 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Riverhurst to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.519 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.499 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.333 degrees.||