Curious and Interesting Names Near Redberry ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Shell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Shell
- Big Shell lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Redberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Shell
- Echo Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Echo Bay
- Echo Bay lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Redberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Echo Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fielding
- Fielding lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Redberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fielding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hepburn
- Hepburn lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Redberry
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hepburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hepburn
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Lucky Man
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucky Man
- Lucky Man lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Redberry
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lucky Man came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucky Man
- Oscar Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oscar Lake
- Oscar Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Redberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oscar Lake
- Pebble Baye
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pebble Baye
- Pebble Baye lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Redberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pebble Baye
- Pelican Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pelican Cove
- Pelican Cove lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the north of Redberry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pelican Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richard
- Richard lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Redberry
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richard came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richard
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Redberry. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Ron 'Atch' Atchison (Professional football)
How Far From Redberry to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Redberry to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<4> community of Redberry once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Redberry and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 194 miles [312.2 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Redberry to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,498 miles [2,410.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 59 days and walking would take 86 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,170 miles [9,929.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,939 miles [11,167.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,973 miles [8,003.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Redberry) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Redberry. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RedberryOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Redberry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7546, Longitude: -107.2380 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Redberry, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Redberry to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.812 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.02 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.178 degrees.||