Welcome to Richard ...
The village of Richard is 1,800 feet [549 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Richard lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Richard: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Richard: S0M<3>
Richard was established in 1900.
Communities Also Named Richard ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 5 communities that are also named Richard - they are located in Iowa, Louisiana (2), Michigan and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Richard.
Communities near Richard ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Richard.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hafford
- Hafford lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Richard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hafford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maymont
- Maymont lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Richard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maymont
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denholm
- Denholm lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Richard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denholm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Speers
- Speers lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the east of Richard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Speers
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruddell
- Ruddell lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the south of Richard.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ruddell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruddell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fielding
- Fielding lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Richard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fielding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alticane
- Alticane lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Richard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alticane
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitkow
- Whitkow lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Richard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitkow
- Redberry ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Redberry
- Redberry was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Richard.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Redberry. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brada
- Brada lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the west of Richard.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brada
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Richard ...
Looking for more information about Richard? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Richard, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Richard.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Richard. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Richard - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Richard). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Richard or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Richard) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Richard. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RichardOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Richard. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7000, Longitude: -107.7000 |
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|