Welcome to Maymont ...
The village of Maymont is 1,930 feet [588 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Maymont lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Maymont: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Maymont: S0M<3>
Communities near Maymont ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Maymont.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hafford
- Hafford lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northeast of Maymont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hafford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denholm
- Denholm lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Maymont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denholm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Speers
- Speers lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Maymont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Speers
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richard
- Richard lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the north of Maymont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richard came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richard
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fielding
- Fielding lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Maymont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fielding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sonningdale
- Sonningdale lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the south of Maymont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sonningdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sonningdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Struan
- Struan lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Maymont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Struan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Struan
- Lizard Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lizard Lake
- Lizard Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Maymont
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lizard Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lizard Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Maymont ...
Looking for more information about Maymont? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Maymont, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Maymont.
Adding Maymont to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Maymont was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Maymont on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Maymont. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Maymont - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Maymont). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Maymont or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Maymont) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Maymont. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MaymontOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Maymont. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5632, Longitude: -107.7074 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|