Our Genealogy Helper for Qu'Appelle ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Qu'Appelle (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Qu'Appelle. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Qu'Appelle:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Qu'Appelle ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Qu'Appelle.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Qu'Appelle covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Thomas Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Thomas Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Thomas Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- St. Thomas Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Qu'Appelle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Thomas Cemetery
- Indian Head Cemetery
- Edgeley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Edgeley Cemetery
- Edgeley Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Qu'Appelle.
- Edgeley Cemetery has also been known as:
- Edgely Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edgeley Cemetery
- St. Paul's RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paul's RC Cemetery
- The St. Paul's RC Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Vibank.More accurately, St. Paul's RC Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Qu'Appelle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paul's RC Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Colony RC Cemetery
- Avonhurst Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Avonhurst Cemetery
- Avonhurst Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Qu'Appelle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avonhurst Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery
- The Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Fort Qu'Appelle.To be more precise, Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Qu'Appelle.
- Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2185390<3>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- The Lakeview Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Fort Qu'Appelle.To be precise, Lakeview Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Qu'Appelle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Holy Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Family Cemetery
- The Holy Family Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Odessa.Stated another way, Holy Family Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Qu'Appelle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Family Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery
- The Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery is located in Lebret.Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Qu'Appelle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery
- Wright's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wright's Cemetery
- Wright's Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Qu'Appelle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wright's Cemetery
- Balgonie Cemetery
- Edenwold Cemetery
- Arrat RC Cemetery
- Andresheim RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Andresheim RC Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Andresheim RC Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Andresheim RC Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Qu'Appelle.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Andresheim RC Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Qu'Appelle. See our List of 1890's Communities around Qu'Appelle.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Qu'Appelle ...
While our initial data about Qu'Appelle came from various goverment sources, we have found mention of Qu'Appelle in old books and maps. When we do, we'll find a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Qu'Appelle.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Shell Oil Road Map for Saskatchewan (1956)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Qu'Appelle. See our Misc Page for Qu'Appelle for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Qu'Appelle. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Qu'Appelle) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Qu'Appelle. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Qu'AppelleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Qu'Appelle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.5333, Longitude: -103.8667 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|