Around Prairie River ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Hudson Bay. It is located about 24 miles [38 km] to the east of Prairie River.
The next largest community is Carrot River.
It is located about 38 miles [ km] to the northwest of Prairie River
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Barrier Ford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barrier Ford
- Barrier Ford lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barrier Ford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bjorkdale
- Bjorkdale lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bjorkdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carragana
- Carragana lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carragana
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chelan
- Chelan lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chelan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clemenceau
- Clemenceau lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southeast of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clemenceau
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Crooked River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crooked River
- Crooked River lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the west of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eldersley
- Eldersley lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the west of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eldersley
- Hudson Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mistatim
- Mistatim lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mistatim
- Porcupine Plain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reserve
- Reserve lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reserve
- Ruby Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruby Beach
- Ruby Beach lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the east of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruby Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weekes
- Weekes lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Prairie River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weekes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weekes
- Zenon Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zenon Park
- Zenon Park lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Prairie River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zenon Park
Curious and Interesting Names Near Prairie River ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Prairie River.
Airports Near Prairie River ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Prairie River and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Prairie River.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Prairie River ...
Looking for more information about Prairie River? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Prairie River. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Prairie River, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Prairie River.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Saskatchewan:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Prairie River. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Prairie River were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Prairie River) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Prairie River. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Prairie RiverOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Prairie River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8667, Longitude: -102.9833 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Prairie River), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|