Welcome to Hudson Bay ...
The town of Hudson Bay is 1,200 feet [366 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Hudson Bay lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you leave Hudson Bay and travel east, you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Hudson Bay: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hudson Bay: S0E<3>
Websites for Hudson Bay ...
Official Website: www.townofhudsonbay.com/
Adding Hudson Bay to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Hudson Bay was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hudson Bay on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Hudson Bay ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hudson Bay.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Erwood
- Erwood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Hudson Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Erwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Erwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clemenceau
- Clemenceau lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Hudson Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clemenceau
- Ruby Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruby Beach
- Ruby Beach lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Hudson Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruby Beach
- Smoking Tent - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smoking Tent
- Smoking Tent was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Hudson Bay
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Smoky Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smoky Ridge
- Smoky Ridge lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Hudson Bay
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Smoky Ridge. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smoky Ridge
- Prairie River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prairie River
- Prairie River lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the west of Hudson Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prairie River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prairie River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Prairie River<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reserve
- Reserve lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the south of Hudson Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reserve
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weekes
- Weekes lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Hudson Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weekes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weekes
- Little Swan River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Swan River
- Little Swan River lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<4> to the south of Hudson Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Swan River
- Elbow Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elbow Lake
- Elbow Lake lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Hudson Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elbow Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hudson Bay ...
Looking for more information about Hudson Bay? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Hudson Bay, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Hudson Bay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Hudson Bay: www.townofhudsonbay.com/
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hudson Bay - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hudson Bay). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hudson Bay or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hudson Bay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hudson Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hudson BayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hudson Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8568, Longitude: -102.3897 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|