Our Genealogy Helper for Old Wives ...
So far, we have found very little information about Old Wives. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Old Wives to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Old Wives, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Old Wives (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Old Wives. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Old Wives:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Old Wives ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Old Wives.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Old Wives covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Joseph's RC Cemetery
- St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Old Wives.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2529602<4>
- Expanse Cemetery
- Hillsdale Cemetery
- Caron Cemetery
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Old Wives.
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery has also been known as:
- Resthaven Cemetery
- Sunset Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Rosedale Cemetery
- Mazenod Cemetery
- Moose Jaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Jaw Cemetery
- The Moose Jaw Cemetery is located in Moose Jaw.Stated another way, Moose Jaw Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Old Wives.
- Moose Jaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Jaw City Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Jaw Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2186619<4>
- Lake Valley Cemetery
- Geneva / Palmer Cemetery
- Blue Hill Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Old Wives. See our List of 1890's Communities around Old Wives.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Old Wives, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Old Wives) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Old Wives. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Old WivesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Old Wives. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2010, Longitude: -106.0045 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|