Curious and Interesting Names Near Neidpath ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Flowing Well
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flowing Well
- Flowing Well lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the east of Neidpath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flowing Well
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Herbert
- Herbert lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Neidpath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Herbert came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Herbert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Herbert<3>
- Main Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Main Centre
- Main Centre lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Neidpath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Main Centre came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Main Centre
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rhineland
- Rhineland lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Neidpath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rhineland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rhineland
- Rush Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rush Lake
- Rush Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Neidpath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rush Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shamrock
- Shamrock lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the east of Neidpath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shamrock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shamrock
- Swift Current
How Far From Neidpath to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Neidpath to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Neidpath and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 116 miles [186.7 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Neidpath to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,487 miles [2,393.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 85 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,319 miles [10,169.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,088 miles [11,407 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,102 miles [8,210.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Neidpath. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Neidpath) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Neidpath. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NeidpathOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Neidpath. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2227, Longitude: -107.2424 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Neidpath to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.805 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.756 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.706 degrees.||