Curious and Interesting Names Near Naicam ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marysburg
- Marysburg lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the west of Naicam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marysburg
- Quill Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Quill Lake
- Quill Lake lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Naicam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Quill Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Quill Lake
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Resource
- Resource lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Naicam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Resource came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Resource
- Romance - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Romance
- Romance was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the south of Naicam
- Rose Valley
- Silver Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Park
- Silver Park lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Naicam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Park
- Star City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star City
- Star City lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Naicam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Star City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Star City<2>
How Far From Naicam to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Naicam to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Naicam and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 136 miles [218.9 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Naicam to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,381 miles [2,222.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 54 days and walking would take 79 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,128 miles [9,862.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,897 miles [11,099.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,911 miles [7,903.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Naicam. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Naicam) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Naicam. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NaicamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Naicam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4167, Longitude: -104.5000 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Naicam to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.663 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.559 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 315.482 degrees.||