Communities Also Named Girvin ...
We have found one communities that share the name Girvin.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Girvin is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Girvin in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Pecos County
- This Girvin is located in Pecos County and lies 1,399 miles [2,251.5 km]<1> to the south.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Girvin
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Pecos County community of Girvin.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Girvin ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chamberlain
- Chamberlain lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Girvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chamberlain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eyebrow
- Eyebrow lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the south of Girvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eyebrow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Findlater
- Findlater lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Girvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Findlater
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grainland
- Grainland lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Girvin
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grainland. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grainland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holdfast
- Holdfast lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Girvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holdfast
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Imperial
- Imperial lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Girvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Imperial
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Liberty
- Liberty lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of Girvin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liberty
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Girvin. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Robert John 'Bobby' Benson (Professional Hockey)
How Far From Girvin to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Girvin to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Girvin and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 75 miles [120.7 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Girvin to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,432 miles [2,304.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 56 days and walking would take 82 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,234 miles [10,032.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,003 miles [11,270.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,015 miles [8,070.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Girvin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Girvin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Girvin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GirvinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Girvin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1667, Longitude: -105.9333 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Girvin to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.789 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.698 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.683 degrees.||