Communities Also Named Fox Valley ...
We have found three communities that share the name Fox Valley.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Fox Valley is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- DuPage County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Illinois community of Fox Valley [DuPage County].
- Linn County
- This Fox Valley is located in Linn County and lies 723 miles [1,163.6 km]<2> to the west southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Valley
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Linn County community of Fox Valley.
- South Carolina
- Anderson County
- This Fox Valley is located in Anderson County and lies 1,739 miles [2,798.6 km]<2> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Valley
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Anderson County community of Fox Valley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Fox Valley ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Golden Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden Prairie
- Golden Prairie lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Fox Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golden Prairie
- Maple Creek
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Fox Valley. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Murray Albert 'Bert' Olmstead (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Sceptre (Saskatchewan) on Saturday September 4, 1926 and died in High River (Alberta) on Tueday November 17, 2015 at the age of 89.
- Sceptre is located 28 miles [45.1 km] to the north of Fox Valley.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Murray Albert 'Bert' Olmstead<4>
How Far From Fox Valley to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Fox Valley to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Fox Valley and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 213 miles [342.8 km]<2> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Fox Valley to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,586 miles [2,552.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 62 days and walking would take 91 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,355 miles [10,227.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,123 miles [11,463.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,155 miles [8,296.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fox Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Fox Valley could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fox Valley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fox Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fox ValleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fox Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4662, Longitude: -109.4802 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Fox Valley to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.57 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.79 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.083 degrees.||