Curious and Interesting Names Near Feudal ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bounty - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bounty
- Bounty was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Feudal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquest
- Conquest lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Feudal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conquest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Donavan
- Donavan lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of Feudal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Donavan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donavan
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harris
- Harris lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Feudal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harris came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harris
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harris<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laura
- Laura lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Feudal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laura
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sovereign
- Sovereign lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the south of Feudal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sovereign came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sovereign
- Valley Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valley Centre
- Valley Centre lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Feudal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Valley Centre came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valley Centre
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Feudal. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Sandra Schmirler (Professional curler)
- Professional curler. She was born in Biggar (Saskatchewan) on Tueday June 11, 1963 and died in Regina (Saskatchewan) on Thursday March 2, 2000 at the age of 36. She is buried at Riverside Memorial Park Cemetery (Saskatchewan).
- Biggar is located 19 miles [30.6 km] to the northwest of Feudal.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Sandra Schmirler<4>
How Far From Feudal to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Feudal to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<5> community of Feudal once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Feudal and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 163 miles [262.3 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Feudal to Regina, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,508 miles [2,426.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 59 days and walking would take 86 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,229 miles [10,024.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,998 miles [11,262.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,028 miles [8,091.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Feudal) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Feudal. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FeudalOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Feudal. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.8839, Longitude: -107.6105 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Feudal, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Feudal to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.108 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.266 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.606 degrees.||