Curious and Interesting Names Near Eyebrow ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chamberlain
- Chamberlain lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the east of Eyebrow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chamberlain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Findlater
- Findlater lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the east of Eyebrow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Findlater
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grainland
- Grainland lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Eyebrow
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grainland. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grainland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holdfast
- Holdfast lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the east of Eyebrow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holdfast
- Sand Point Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sand Point Beach
- Sand Point Beach lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the east of Eyebrow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sand Point Beach
- Sun Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sun Valley
- Sun Valley lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Eyebrow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sun Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sun Valley
- Thunder Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thunder Creek
- Thunder Creek lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Eyebrow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thunder Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thunder Creek
How Far From Eyebrow to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Eyebrow to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Eyebrow and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 71 miles [114.3 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Eyebrow to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 4 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,440 miles [2,317.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 57 days and walking would take 82 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,260 miles [10,074.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,029 miles [11,312.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,040 miles [8,111.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Eyebrow. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Eyebrow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Eyebrow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EyebrowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eyebrow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8023, Longitude: -106.1492 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Eyebrow to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.956 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.85 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.897 degrees.||