Curious and Interesting Names Near East Poplar ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Beaver
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Beaver
- Big Beaver lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of East Poplar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Beaver
- Big Muddy - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Muddy
- Big Muddy was located 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the east of East Poplar
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Big Muddy. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Constance
- Constance lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northwest of East Poplar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Constance
- Flaxville [Daniels County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flaxville
- Flaxville [Daniels County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southeast of East Poplar
- Population from the 2020 Census: 65 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flaxville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Flaxville<3>
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harptree
- Harptree lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of East Poplar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harptree came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harptree
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hart
- Hart lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northwest of East Poplar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hart came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hart
- Julian [Daniels County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Julian
- Julian [Daniels County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the south of East Poplar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Julian have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Navajo [Daniels County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Navajo
- Navajo [Daniels County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southeast of East Poplar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Navajo have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Navajo
- Willow Bunch
How Far From East Poplar to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as East Poplar to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in East Poplar and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 101 miles [162.5 km]<1> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from East Poplar to Regina, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,404 miles [2,259.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 55 days and walking would take 80 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,343 miles [10,208.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,112 miles [11,445.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,104 miles [8,214.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for East Poplar. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- East Poplar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for East Poplar. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from East PoplarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in East Poplar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.0653, Longitude: -105.3894 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from East Poplar to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.345 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.972 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.774 degrees.||