Welcome to Dahlton ...
Although we found mention of Dahlton during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Dahlton was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Dahlton to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dahlton, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Dahlton, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Dahlton might be (or was) located is in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
We believe that Dahlton would be found within the (306) and (639)<3> area codes.
Communities near Dahlton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dahlton.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Naicam
- Naicam lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Dahlton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Naicam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Naicam
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Naicam<6>
- Rose Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spalding
- Spalding lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Dahlton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spalding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Archerwill
- Archerwill lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the east of Dahlton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archerwill
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pleasantdale
- Pleasantdale lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Dahlton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pleasantdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasantdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sylvania
- Sylvania lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Dahlton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sylvania came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sylvania
- Barrier Ford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barrier Ford
- Barrier Ford lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Dahlton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barrier Ford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wallwort
- Wallwort lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Dahlton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wallwort
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Algrove
- Algrove lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the east of Dahlton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Algrove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kipabiskau
- Kipabiskau lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Dahlton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kipabiskau
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dahlton ...
Looking for more information about Dahlton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dahlton, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dahlton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Dahlton and then turned west". While Dahlton could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Dahlton as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dahlton could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dahlton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dahlton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DahltonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dahlton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4493, Longitude: -104.0938 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|