Our Genealogy Helper for Caswell Hill ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Caswell Hill (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Caswell Hill. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Caswell Hill:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Caswell Hill ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Caswell Hill.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Caswell Hill covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Woodlawn Cemetery
- Nutana Pioneer Cemetery
- Hillcrest Memorial Gardens
- Floral Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Floral Cemetery
- Floral Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Caswell Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Floral Cemetery
- Emmanuel Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Emmanuel Cemetery
- Emmanuel Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Caswell Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Emmanuel Cemetery
- Warman Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Warman Cemetery
- Warman Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Caswell Hill.
- Warman Cemetery has also been known as:
- Warman Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warman Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Haultain Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Clarkboro Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Clarkboro Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Clarkboro Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Clarkboro Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Caswell Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarkboro Cemetery
- Osler Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Osler Community Cemetery
- The Osler Community Cemetery is located in Osler.Stated another way, Osler Community Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the north of Caswell Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Osler Community Cemetery
- Dalmeny Bible Church Cemetery
- Mierau Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mierau Cemetery
- Mierau Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Caswell Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mierau Cemetery
- St. Helen's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Helen's Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Helen's Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Helen's Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Caswell Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Helen's Cemetery
- Langham Community Cemetery
- Pleasant Point Cemetery
- Aberdeen Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aberdeen Cemetery
- The Aberdeen Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Aberdeen.To be more precise, Aberdeen Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Caswell Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aberdeen Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Caswell Hill. See our List of 1890's Communities around Caswell Hill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Caswell Hill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Caswell Hill) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Caswell Hill. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Caswell HillOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Caswell Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1371, Longitude: -106.6751 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|