Welcome to Saskatoon ...
When the people of Saskatoon refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Saskatonian<1>
The city of Saskatoon was established in 1883.
Saskatoon is 1,470 feet [448 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Saskatoon lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Saskatoon: (306) and (639)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Saskatoon: S7L<4>
Websites for Saskatoon ...
Official Website: www.city.saskatoon.sk.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.eboardoftrade.com/
Adding Saskatoon to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Saskatoon: The earliest map where we found it was on a Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Saskatoon on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Saskatoon ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Saskatoon.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Martensville
- Martensville lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the north of Saskatoon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Martensville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martensville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Martensville<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warman
- Warman lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the north of Saskatoon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Warman<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dalmeny
- Dalmeny lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the north of Saskatoon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dalmeny
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Osler
- Osler lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the north of Saskatoon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Osler
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vanscoy
- Vanscoy lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Saskatoon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vanscoy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vanscoy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vanscoy<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neuhorst
- Neuhorst lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the north of Saskatoon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neuhorst
- Beaver Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Creek
- Beaver Creek lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the south of Saskatoon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakeridge
- Lakeridge lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the southeast of Saskatoon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeridge
- Cedar Villa Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedar Villa Estates
- Cedar Villa Estates lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the southwest of Saskatoon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cedar Villa Estates
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Saskatoon ...
Looking for more information about Saskatoon? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Saskatoon, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Saskatoon.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Saskatoon: www.city.saskatoon.sk.ca/
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Saskatoon refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a city's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Saskatoon may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Saskatoon - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Saskatoon, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Saskatoon). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Saskatoon or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saskatoon) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saskatoon. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saskatoon
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saskatoon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1335, Longitude: -106.6702
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|