Welcome to Saskatoon ...
The city of Saskatoon was established in 1883.
When the people of Saskatoon refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Saskatonian<1>
Saskatoon is 1,470 feet [448 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Saskatoon lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Saskatoon: (306) and (639)<3>
The Canadian Postal Codes for Saskatoon: S7H, S7J, S7K, S7L, S7M, S7N, S7P, S7R, S7S, S7T, S7V, S7W<4>
Websites for Saskatoon ...
Official Website: www.city.saskatoon.sk.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.eboardoftrade.com/
Communities near Saskatoon ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Saskatoon.
(10 miles [16.1 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Martensville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Martensville
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Martensville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Martensville <6>
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warman
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Warman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Warman <6>
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the north)
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Osler
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Osler
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vanscoy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vanscoy
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Vanscoy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vanscoy <6>
(18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Beaver Creek
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Creek
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Beaver Creek
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the southeast)
- Cedar Villa Estates
(5 miles [8 km] to the southwest)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Saskatoon ...
Looking for more information about Saskatoon? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Saskatoon, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Saskatoon.
Adding Saskatoon to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Saskatoon was mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian Pacific Railroad Time Tables (October 1899).
We also found Saskatoon on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for Saskatchewan (1956).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Saskatoon.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Saskatoon: www.city.saskatoon.sk.ca/
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Saskatoon refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a city's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Saskatoon may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Saskatoon - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Saskatoon, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Saskatoon). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Saskatoon or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|