Our Genealogy Helper for Carpenter ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Carpenter (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Carpenter. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Carpenter:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Carpenter ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Carpenter.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Carpenter covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Wakaw United Church Cemetery
- St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Antonie de Padoue RC Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Carpenter.
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bergthaler Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- St. Boniface RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Boniface RC Cemetery
- St. Boniface RC Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Carpenter.
- St. Boniface RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- Leofeld RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Boniface RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2464880<2>
- Adamiwka Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Adimiwka (Holy Ghost) Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Adimiwka (Holy Ghost) Cemetery
- The Adimiwka (Holy Ghost) Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Hague.More accurately, Adimiwka (Holy Ghost) Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km] to the west of Carpenter.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adimiwka (Holy Ghost) Cemetery
- Hague / Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Rosthern Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosthern Community Cemetery
- The Rosthern Community Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Rosthern.Rosthern Community Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Carpenter.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosthern Community Cemetery
- Arma Lutheran Cemetery
- Vonda Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Vonda Cemetery
- Vonda Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southwest of Carpenter.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vonda Cemetery
- Vonda Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Old St. Benedict RC Cemetery
- Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery
- The Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Blumenthal.To be more precise, Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Carpenter.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Carpenter. See our List of 1890's Communities around Carpenter.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carpenter. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carpenter) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carpenter. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarpenterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carpenter. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5802, Longitude: -105.9143 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|