Communities Also Named Candiac ...
We have found one communities that share the name Candiac.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Candiac is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Candiac in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Candiac lies 1,409 miles [2,267.6 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Candiac
Curious and Interesting Names Near Candiac ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corning
- Corning lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Candiac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Corning
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Creelman
- Creelman lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the south of Candiac
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Creelman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Creelman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Francis
- Francis lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Candiac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Francis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Handsworth
- Handsworth lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Candiac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Handsworth
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Indian Head
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kipling
- Kipling lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Candiac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kipling
- Kipling Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kipling Station
- Kipling Station lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Candiac
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kipling Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kipling Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summerberry
- Summerberry lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Candiac
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Summerberry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summerberry
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Candiac. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Bryan Hextall (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Grenfell (Saskatchewan) on Thursday July 31, 1913 and died in Portage la Prairie (Manitoba) on Wednesday July 25, 1984 at the age of 71. He is buried at Hillside Cemetery (Manitoba).
- Grenfell is located 20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast of Candiac.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Bryan Hextall<4>
How Far From Candiac to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Candiac to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Candiac and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 62 miles [99.8 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could walk a straight line from Candiac to Regina, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,311 miles [2,109.8 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about three full days, a buggy would take 52 days and walking would take 75 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,225 miles [10,018.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,993 miles [11,254.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,981 miles [8,016.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Candiac. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Candiac) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Candiac. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CandiacOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Candiac. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2107, Longitude: -103.2590 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Candiac to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 325.712 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.239 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 315.211 degrees.||