Communities Also Named Burton Lake ...
We have found one communities that share the name Burton Lake.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Burton Lake is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Burton Lake in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Geauga County
- This Burton Lake is located in Geauga County and lies 1,346 miles [2,166.2 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burton Lake
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Geauga County community of Burton Lake.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Burton Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burr
- Burr lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Burton Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burr came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burr
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dana
- Dana lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Burton Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dana came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dana
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marysburg
- Marysburg lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Burton Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marysburg
- Middle Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Middle Lake
- Middle Lake lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Burton Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Middle Lake
- Romance - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Romance
- Romance was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Burton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sagehill
- Sagehill lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Burton Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sagehill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sagehill
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Burton Lake. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Gerry 'Tex' Ehman (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Cudworth (Saskatchewan) on Thursday November 3, 1932 and died in Saskatoon (Saskatchewan) on Tueday March 21, 2006 at the age of 73. He is buried at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens (Saskatchewan).
- Cudworth is located 29 miles [46.7 km] to the northwest of Burton Lake.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Gerry 'Tex' Ehman<4>
How Far From Burton Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Burton Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Burton Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 128 miles [206 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Burton Lake to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,406 miles [2,262.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 55 days and walking would take 80 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,151 miles [9,899.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,920 miles [11,136.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,936 miles [7,943.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burton Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Burton Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burton Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Burton LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burton Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2756, Longitude: -105.1228 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Burton Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.152 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.095 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 315.916 degrees.|