Communities Also Named Beadle ...
We have found one communities that share the name Beadle.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Beadle is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Beadle in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Matagorda County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Texas community of Beadle [Matagorda County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Beadle ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Druid
- Druid lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the north of Beadle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Druid came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Druid
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flaxcombe
- Flaxcombe lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the west of Beadle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flaxcombe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flaxcombe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Major
- Major lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Beadle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Major
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plato
- Plato lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Beadle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plato came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plato
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plenty
- Plenty lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Beadle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plenty came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plenty
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smiley
- Smiley lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Beadle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smiley
- Snipe Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Snipe Lake
- Snipe Lake lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Beadle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snipe Lake
How Far From Beadle to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Beadle to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Beadle and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 203 miles [326.7 km]<2> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Beadle to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,566 miles [2,520.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 62 days and walking would take 89 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,284 miles [10,113.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,053 miles [11,350.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,089 miles [8,190 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Beadle. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Beadle could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Beadle) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beadle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4667, Longitude: -109.0000 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Beadle to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.203 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.468 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.587 degrees.||