Curious and Interesting Names Near Arbuthnot ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the west of Arbuthnot
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Congress
- Congress lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the east of Arbuthnot
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Congress
- Fir Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fir Mountain
- Fir Mountain lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Arbuthnot
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fir Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fir Mountain
- Flowing Well
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flowing Well
- Flowing Well lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the north of Arbuthnot
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flowing Well
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Limerick
- Limerick lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the east of Arbuthnot
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Limerick
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shamrock
- Shamrock lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Arbuthnot
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shamrock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shamrock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vantage
- Vantage lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the east of Arbuthnot
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vantage
- Wood Mountain
How Far From Arbuthnot to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Arbuthnot to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Arbuthnot and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 109 miles [175.4 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Arbuthnot to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,472 miles [2,369 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 84 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,335 miles [10,195.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,104 miles [11,432.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,113 miles [8,228.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Arbuthnot. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Arbuthnot) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arbuthnot. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8167, Longitude: -106.9000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Arbuthnot to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.531 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.403 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.569 degrees.||