Communities Also Named Allan ...
We have found one communities that share the name Allan.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Allan is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Allan in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Allan lies 1,396 miles [2,246.6 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allan
Curious and Interesting Names Near Allan ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Creek
- Beaver Creek lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the west of Allan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Creek
- Floral - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Floral
- Floral was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Allan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Floral came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grasswood
- Grasswood lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Allan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grasswood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guernsey
- Guernsey lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the east of Allan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guernsey came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guernsey
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riversdale
- Riversdale lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Allan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riversdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shields
- Shields lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the west of Allan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shields
- Valley Park - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valley Park
- Valley Park was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west of Allan
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Valley Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Young
- Young lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Allan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Young
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Allan. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Chuck Rayner (Professional Hockey)
- Professional Hockey. He was born in Sutherland (Saskatchewan) on Wednesday August 11, 1920 and died in Langley (British Columbia) on Saturday October 5, 2002 at the age of 82. He is buried at Victory Memorial Park (British Columbia).
- Sutherland is located 28 miles [45.1 km] to the northwest of Allan.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Chuck Rayner<4>
How Far From Allan to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Allan to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Allan and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 118 miles [189.9 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Allan to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,443 miles [2,322.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 57 days and walking would take 82 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,194 miles [9,968.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,963 miles [11,205.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,982 miles [8,017.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Allan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Allan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Allan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AllanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9000, Longitude: -106.0667 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Allan to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.893 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.893 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.608 degrees.||