Our Genealogy Helper for Aberdeen ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Aberdeen (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Aberdeen. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Aberdeen:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Aberdeen ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Aberdeen.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Aberdeen covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Aberdeen Cemetery
- Clarkboro Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Clarkboro Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Clarkboro Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Clarkboro Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the west of Aberdeen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarkboro Cemetery
- Vonda Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Vonda Cemetery
- Vonda Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Aberdeen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vonda Cemetery
- Vonda Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Osler Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Osler Community Cemetery
- The Osler Community Cemetery is located in Osler.Stated another way, Osler Community Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the west of Aberdeen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Osler Community Cemetery
- Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery
- The Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Blumenthal.Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the north of Aberdeen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blumenthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Neuanlage Cemetery
- Old Hague Cemetery
- Hochstadt Cemetery
- Warman Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Warman Cemetery
- Warman Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Aberdeen.
- Warman Cemetery has also been known as:
- Warman Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warman Cemetery
- St. Helen's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Helen's Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Helen's Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- St. Helen's Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Aberdeen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Helen's Cemetery
- Hague Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hague Cemetery
- Hague Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Aberdeen.
- Hague Cemetery has also been known as:
- New Hague Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hague Cemetery
- Gruenthal Bergthal Cemetery
- Gruenthal Village Cemetery
- Hague / Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Aberdeen. See our List of 1890's Communities around Aberdeen.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aberdeen. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Aberdeen) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aberdeen. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AberdeenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aberdeen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3277, Longitude: -106.2920 |