Around Ridgeland ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Savannah (GA). It is located about 28 miles [45 km] to the south of Ridgeland. Savannah (GA) has a population of 144,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Hilton Head Island.
It is located about 23 miles [ km] to the southeast of Ridgeland and has a population of 39,600 people.
For comparison, Ridgeland has a population of 3,900 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Clyo [Effingham County]
- Barkerville [Hampton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barkerville
- Barkerville [Hampton County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Ridgeland
- Barkerville has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barkerville
- Battery Marina Village [Beaufort County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battery Marina Village
- Battery Marina Village [Beaufort County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Ridgeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Battery Marina Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battery Marina Village
- Burton [Beaufort County]
- Hardeeville [Jasper County]
- Laurel Bay [Beaufort County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laurel Bay
- Laurel Bay [Beaufort County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Ridgeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laurel Bay
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Lobeco [Beaufort County]
- Okatie [Beaufort County]
- Pineland [Jasper County]
- Polk Village [Beaufort County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Polk Village
- Polk Village [Beaufort County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Ridgeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Polk Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Polk Village
- Pritchardville [Beaufort County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pritchardville
- Pritchardville [Beaufort County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Ridgeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pritchardville
- Seabrook [Beaufort County]
- Sheldon [Beaufort County]
- Shell Point [Beaufort County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shell Point
- Shell Point [Beaufort County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Ridgeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shell Point have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shell Point
- Tillman [Jasper County]
For more communities neighboring Ridgeland, please visit our County-by-County Page for Ridgeland.
Jasper County ...
Ridgeland is located in Jasper County<5> and is the County Seat.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Jasper County: Chatham (GA), Effingham (GA), Beaufort & Hampton.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Ridgeland ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ridgeland.
Airports Near Ridgeland ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Ridgeland and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Ridgeland.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ridgeland ...
Looking for more information about Ridgeland? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Ridgeland. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Ridgeland, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ridgeland.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of South Carolina:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in South Carolina
About Jasper County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Ridgeland: www.ridgelandsc.gov/
The official website for Jasper County: www.jaspercountysc.org/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Ridgeland.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ridgeland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ridgeland. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RidgelandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ridgeland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.4827, Longitude: -80.9795 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Jasper, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Ridgeland), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|