Census Data for Marietta ...
As far as we can tell, Marietta has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Marietta, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Travelers Rest [Greenville County]
- Greenville [Greenville County]
- Easley [Pickens County]
- Pickens [Pickens County]
- Greer [Greenville County]
- Flat Rock [Henderson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flat Rock
- Flat Rock [Henderson County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Marietta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flat Rock have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flat Rock
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Flat Rock<2>
- Saluda [Henderson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saluda
- Saluda [Henderson County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Marietta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saluda have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saluda
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saluda<2>
- Brevard [Transylvania County]
- Continue List (952 more) ...
- Rosman [Transylvania County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosman
- Rosman [Transylvania County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Marietta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosman have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rosman<2>
- Tryon [Polk County]
- Liberty [Pickens County]
- Hendersonville [Henderson County]
- Laurel Park [Henderson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laurel Park
- Laurel Park [Henderson County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the north of Marietta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Laurel Park have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laurel Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Laurel Park<2>
- Campobello [Spartanburg County]
- Landrum [Spartanburg County]
Greenville County ...
Marietta is located in Greenville County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Greenville County.
Miscellaneous Information for Marietta ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Greenville County or the community of Marietta:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Marietta:
- GNIS ID for Marietta: 1224310
- GNIS ID for Greenville County: 1245489
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Marietta is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Marietta, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Marietta. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Marietta:29661<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Marietta.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for South Carolina
About Greenville County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Marietta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Greenville County: www.greenvillecounty.org/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Marietta) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Marietta. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MariettaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Marietta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.0216, Longitude: -82.5026 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Greenville, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Marietta or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|