Welcome to Log Town ...
So far, we have found very little information about Log Town. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Log Town to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Log Town, please Contact Us.
Log Town would have been located within present day Kershaw County<2>.
The location of Log Town has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Log Town is 220 feet [67 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Log Town was located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Log Town still existed, it would have been in the (803) area code.
Communities Also Named Log Town ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Log Town - it's located in Maryland.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Log Town.
Communities near Log Town ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Log Town.
- Elgin [Kershaw County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elgin
- Elgin [Kershaw County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southwest of Log Town
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,585 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elgin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elgin<6>
- Bethune [Kershaw County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bethune
- Bethune [Kershaw County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northeast of Log Town
- Population from the 2020 Census: 354 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethune
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bethune<6>
- Lugoff [Kershaw County]
- Spring Village [Kershaw County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Village
- Spring Village [Kershaw County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the southwest of Log Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spring Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Village
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Rembert [Sumter County]
- Cassatt [Kershaw County]
- Westville [Kershaw County]
- Horatio [Sumter County]
- Pine Village [Kershaw County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Village
- Pine Village [Kershaw County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Log Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pine Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Village
- Manville [Lee County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manville
- Manville [Lee County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the east of Log Town
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manville
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Log Town. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Log Town.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Log Town. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Log Town.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Log Town. See our Newspapers Page for Log Town.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in South Carolina
About Kershaw County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Log Town, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Kershaw, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Log Town - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Log Town) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Log Town. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Log TownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Log Town. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.2571, Longitude: -80.6017 In this case, the coordinates for Log Town have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|