Around Latta ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Florence. It is located about 21 miles [33 km] to the southwest of Latta. Florence has a population of 38,500 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Conway.
It is located about 40 miles [ km] to the southeast of Latta and has a population of 26,600 people.
For comparison, Latta has a population of 1,300 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Rowland [Robeson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rowland
- Rowland [Robeson County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Latta
- Population from the 2020 Census: 985 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rowland have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rowland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rowland<4>
- Brownsville [Marlboro County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownsville
- Brownsville [Marlboro County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Latta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownsville
- Dillon [Dillon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dillon
- Dillon [Dillon County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Latta
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,289 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dillon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dillon<4>
- Drake [Marlboro County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drake
- Drake [Marlboro County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Latta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drake
- Floydale [Dillon County]
- Fork [Dillon County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Hamer [Dillon County]
- Jamestown [Florence County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jamestown
- Jamestown [Florence County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Latta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jamestown
- Lake View [Dillon County]
- Little Rock [Dillon County]
- Marion [Marion County]
- Minturn [Dillon County]
- Mullins [Marion County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mullins
- Mullins [Marion County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Latta
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,139 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mullins
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mullins<4>
- Oakland Crossroads [Dillon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakland Crossroads
- Oakland Crossroads [Dillon County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Latta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakland Crossroads
- Sellers [Marion County]
For more communities neighboring Latta, please visit our County-by-County Page for Latta.
Dillon County ...
Latta is located in Dillon County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Dillon County: Columbus (NC), Robeson (NC), Florence, Horry, Marion & Marlboro.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Latta ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Latta.
Airports Near Latta ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Latta and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Latta.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Latta ...
Looking for more information about Latta? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Latta. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Latta, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Latta.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of South Carolina:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in South Carolina
About Dillon County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Latta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Latta.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Latta) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Latta. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LattaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Latta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.3372, Longitude: -79.4314 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Dillon, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Latta), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|