Census Data for Blackstock ...
As far as we can tell, Blackstock has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Blackstock, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Chester [Chester County]
- Richburg [Chester County]
- Winnsboro [Fairfield County]
- Great Falls [Chester County]
- Carlisle [Union County]
- Fort Lawn [Chester County]
- Lowrys [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lowrys
- Lowrys [Chester County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Blackstock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lowrys have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lowrys
- Ridgeway [Fairfield County]
- Continue List (413 more) ...
- Jenkinsville [Fairfield County]
- McConnells [York County]
- Lockhart [Union County]
- Peak [Newberry County]
- Lancaster [Lancaster County]
- Blythewood [Richland County]
- Pomaria [Newberry County]
Chester County ...
Blackstock is primarily located in Chester County<4>. A portion of Blackstock extends into Fairfield County.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Chester County.
Miscellaneous Information for Blackstock ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Chester County or the community of Blackstock:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Blackstock:
- GNIS ID for Blackstock: 1246908
- GNIS ID for Chester County: 1247988
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Blackstock is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Blackstock, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Blackstock. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Blackstock:29014<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Blackstock.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for South Carolina
About Chester County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Blackstock. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Blackstock) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Blackstock. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BlackstockOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blackstock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.5585, Longitude: -81.1525 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Chester, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Blackstock or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|