Welcome to Blackstock ...
Blackstock is primarily located in Chester County<1>. A portion of Blackstock extends into Fairfield County.
Blackstock is 620 feet [189 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Blackstock lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Blackstock is within the (803) area code.
The ZIP code for Blackstock: 29014<3>
Communities Also Named Blackstock ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Blackstock - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Blackstock.
Communities near Blackstock ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Blackstock.
- Chester [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chester
- Chester [Chester County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Blackstock
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,363 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chester<5>
- Winnsboro [Fairfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winnsboro
- Winnsboro [Fairfield County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of Blackstock
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,130 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnsboro
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winnsboro<5>
- Great Falls [Chester County]
- Fort Lawn [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Lawn
- Fort Lawn [Chester County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Blackstock
- Population from the 2020 Census: 889 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Lawn
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fort Lawn<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Carlisle [Union County]
- Richburg [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richburg
- Richburg [Chester County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Blackstock
- Population from the 2020 Census: 259 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Richburg<5>
- Lowrys [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lowrys
- Lowrys [Chester County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Blackstock
- Population from the 2020 Census: 195 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lowrys have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lowrys
- White Oak [Fairfield County]
- Eureka Mill [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eureka Mill
- Eureka Mill [Chester County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Blackstock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eureka Mill
- Gayle Mill [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gayle Mill
- Gayle Mill [Chester County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Blackstock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gayle Mill have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gayle Mill
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Blackstock. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Blackstock.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Blackstock. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Blackstock.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Blackstock. See our Newspapers Page for Blackstock.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Blackstock ...
Looking for more information about Blackstock? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Blackstock, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Blackstock.
Adding Blackstock to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Blackstock in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Blackstock was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Blackstock on a map titled Rand McNally Map of South Carolina (1911).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Blackstock on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for South Carolina
About Chester County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Blackstock. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Chester, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Blackstock - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Blackstock). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Blackstock or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Blackstock) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Blackstock. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BlackstockOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blackstock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.5585, Longitude: -81.1525 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|