Around Bath ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Columbia Mine (GA). It is located about 40 miles [64 km] to the west of Bath. Columbia Mine (GA) has a population of 196,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Augusta (GA).
It lies just west of Bath and has a population of 44,600 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Bath.<2>
- Augusta [Richmond County]
- Southgate Village [Richmond County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Southgate Village
- Southgate Village [Richmond County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Bath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Southgate Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Southgate Village
- Beech Island [Aiken County]
- Belvedere [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belvedere
- Belvedere [Aiken County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Bath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belvedere have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belvedere
- Burnettown [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burnettown
- Burnettown [Aiken County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the north of Bath
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,769 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burnettown have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burnettown
- Clearwater [Aiken County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Gloverville [Aiken County]
- Graniteville [Aiken County]
- Huntcliff [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huntcliff
- Huntcliff [Aiken County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Bath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntcliff
- Langley [Aiken County]
- Murphys Estates [Edgefield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murphys Estates
- Murphys Estates [Edgefield County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Bath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Murphys Estates have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murphys Estates
- North Augusta [Aiken County]
- Springdale [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springdale
- Springdale [Aiken County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Bath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springdale
- Vaucluse [Aiken County]
- Warrenville [Aiken County]
For more communities neighboring Bath, please visit our County-by-County Page for Bath.
Aiken County ...
Bath is located in Aiken County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Aiken County: Burke (GA), Richmond (GA), Barnwell, Edgefield, Lexington, Orangeburg & Saluda.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bath ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bath.
Airports Near Bath ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Bath and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Bath.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bath ...
Looking for more information about Bath? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Bath. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Bath, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Bath.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of South Carolina:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in South Carolina
About Aiken County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bath. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Aiken County: www.aikencounty.net/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Bath.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bath) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bath. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BathOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bath. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.5043, Longitude: -81.8691 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Aiken, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Bath), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|