Welcome to Ashley Place ...
So far, we have found very little information about Ashley Place. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Ashley Place to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ashley Place, please Contact Us.
Ashley Place would have been located within present day Barnwell County<2>.
The location of Ashley Place has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
A typical abbreviation for Ashley Place: Ashley Pl. (or less commonly used: Ashley Plc.)
While the community is gone, the present day location for Ashley Place is 250 feet [76 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Ashley Place was located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Ashley Place once stood is in the (803) area code.
Communities Also Named Ashley Place ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Ashley Place - it's located in North Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ashley Place.
Communities near Ashley Place ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ashley Place.
- Barnwell [Barnwell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barnwell
- Barnwell [Barnwell County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the east of Ashley Place
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,291 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnwell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Barnwell<6>
- New Ellenton [Aiken County]
- Jackson [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jackson
- Jackson [Aiken County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Ashley Place
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,803 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jackson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jackson<6>
- Hiltonia [Screven County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Hilltonia [Screven County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hilltonia
- Hilltonia [Screven County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the south of Ashley Place
- Population from the 2010 Census: 262 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hilltonia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hilltonia
- Snelling [Barnwell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Snelling
- Snelling [Barnwell County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the northeast of Ashley Place
- Estimated population in 2019: 258 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Snelling have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snelling
- Kline [Barnwell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kline
- Kline [Barnwell County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the east of Ashley Place
- Estimated population in 2019: 181 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kline
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kline<6>
- Girard [Burke County]
- Martin [Allendale County]
- Sardis [Burke County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Ashley Place. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Ashley Place.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Ashley Place. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ashley Place.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Ashley Place. See our Newspapers Page for Ashley Place.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of South Carolina
About Barnwell County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Ashley Place, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Barnwell, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ashley Place - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ashley Place) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ashley Place. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.1682, Longitude: -81.6457 In this case, the coordinates for Ashley Place have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|