Welcome to Hiltonia ...
The town of Hiltonia is located in Screven County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Hiltonia has a population of 319 people<2> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Hiltonia.
Hiltonia is 160 feet [49 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Hiltonia lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Hiltonia is located in the (912) area code.
The ZIP code for Hiltonia: 30467<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Hiltonia had an population of 319 people. This is a decrease of 6.73% since the 2010 Census.
At the time of the 2010 Census, Hiltonia had a population of 342 people. This makes Hiltonia the county's 2nd most populous community.
More information can be found on the Census Page for Hiltonia.
Communities near Hiltonia ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hiltonia.
- Millen [Jenkins County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millen
- Millen [Jenkins County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the west of Hiltonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,762 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millen
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Millen<6>
- Sylvania [Screven County]
- Sardis [Burke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sardis
- Sardis [Burke County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Hiltonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 970 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sardis
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sardis<6>
- Girard [Burke County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Rocky Ford [Screven County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Ford
- Rocky Ford [Screven County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southwest of Hiltonia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 137 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rocky Ford have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Ford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rocky Ford<6>
- Zeigler [Screven County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zeigler
- Zeigler [Screven County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Hiltonia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zeigler
- Martin [Allendale County]
- Perkins [Jenkins County]
- Scarboro [Jenkins County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scarboro
- Scarboro [Jenkins County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the southwest of Hiltonia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scarboro
- Captolo [Screven County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Captolo
- Captolo [Screven County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the south of Hiltonia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Captolo have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Captolo
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Hiltonia. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Hiltonia.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Hiltonia. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Hiltonia.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Hiltonia. See our Newspapers Page for Hiltonia.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hiltonia ...
Looking for more information about Hiltonia? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Hiltonia, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Hiltonia.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Georgia
About Screven County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hiltonia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Georgia's counties, including Screven, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Hiltonia.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hiltonia - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Hiltonia). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Hiltonia or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hiltonia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hiltonia. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HiltoniaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hiltonia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.8834, Longitude: -81.6599 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|