Around Apia ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Augusta (GA). It is located about 26 miles [41 km] to the west of where Apia would have been located. Augusta (GA) has a population of 44,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Aiken.
It is located about 11 miles [ km] to the west of Apia and has a population of 31,100 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Apia.<2>
- Aiken [Aiken County]
- Camp Rawls [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Rawls
- Camp Rawls [Aiken County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the north of Apia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Rawls
- Elko [Barnwell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elko
- Elko [Barnwell County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Apia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 180 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elko
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elko<3>
- Graniteville [Aiken County]
- Huntcliff [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huntcliff
- Huntcliff [Aiken County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Apia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntcliff
- Montmorenci [Aiken County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- New Ellenton [Aiken County]
- Nicholson Village [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nicholson Village
- Nicholson Village [Aiken County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Apia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nicholson Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nicholson Village
- Perry [Aiken County]
- Salley [Aiken County]
- Talatha [Aiken County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Talatha
- Talatha [Aiken County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Apia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talatha
- Wagener [Aiken County]
- Whaley [Barnwell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whaley
- Whaley [Barnwell County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the east of Apia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whaley
- Williston [Barnwell County]
- Windsor [Aiken County]
For more communities neighboring Apia, please visit our County-by-County Page for Apia.
Aiken County ...
Apia would have been located within present day Aiken County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Aiken County: Burke (GA), Richmond (GA), Barnwell, Edgefield, Lexington, Orangeburg & Saluda.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Apia ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Apia.
Airports Near Apia ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Apia and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Apia.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of South Carolina:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in South Carolina
About Aiken County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Aiken County: www.aikencounty.net/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Apia.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Apia) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Apia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.5035, Longitude: -81.5401 In this case, the coordinates for Apia have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Aiken, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Apia), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|