Census Data for Adams Run ...
As far as we can tell, Adams Run<1> has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Adams Run, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Hollywood [Charleston County]
- Meggett [Charleston County]
- Ravenel [Charleston County]
- Rockville [Charleston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockville
- Rockville [Charleston County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Adams Run
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rockville have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockville
- Edisto Beach [Colleton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edisto Beach
- Edisto Beach [Colleton County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Adams Run
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Edisto Beach have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edisto Beach
- Seabrook Island [Charleston County]
- Cottageville [Colleton County]
- Kiawah Island [Charleston County]
- Continue List (614 more) ...
- Lincolnville [Charleston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lincolnville
- Lincolnville [Charleston County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Adams Run
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lincolnville
- North Charleston [Berkeley County]
- Walterboro [Colleton County]
- Summerville [Dorchester County]
- Charleston [Charleston County]
- Folly Beach [Charleston County]
- Hanahan [Berkeley County]
Charleston County ...
Adams Run is located in Charleston County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Charleston County.
Miscellaneous Information for Adams Run ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Charleston County or the community of Adams Run:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Adams Run:
- GNIS ID for Adams Run: 1220137
- GNIS ID for Charleston County: 1252740
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Adams Run is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Adams Run, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Adams Run. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Adams Run:29426<6>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Adams Run.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in South Carolina
About Charleston County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Adams Run. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Charleston County: www.charlestoncounty.org/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||It's a common practice for mapmakers to remove the apostrophe from possessive names. So Adams Run may originally have been Adam's Run. Sometimes the trailing 's' might be dropped altogether, in which case Adams Run might be written as Adam Run. For more information, please visit our Genealogy Helper Page for Adams Run.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Adams Run) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Adams Run. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Adams RunOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adams Run. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.7207, Longitude: -80.3483 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Charleston, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Adams Run or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|