Welcome to Adams Run ...
Adams Run is located in Charleston County<1>.
Adams Run is 50 feet [15 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Adams Run lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
The area code for Adams Run: (843)
The ZIP code for Adams Run: 29426<3>
Communities Also Named Adams Run ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are two South Carolina communities named Adams Run: This one is located in Charleston County and the other is located in Colleton County.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Adams Run.
Communities near Adams Run ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Adams Run.
- Hollywood [Charleston County]
- Ravenel [Charleston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ravenel
- Ravenel [Charleston County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Adams Run
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,720 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ravenel
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ravenel<5>
- Seabrook Island [Charleston County]
- Kiawah Island [Charleston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kiawah Island
- Kiawah Island [Charleston County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Adams Run
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,769 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kiawah Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kiawah Island<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Meggett [Charleston County]
- Cottageville [Colleton County]
- Edisto Beach [Colleton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edisto Beach
- Edisto Beach [Colleton County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Adams Run
- Estimated population in 2019: 406 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Edisto Beach have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edisto Beach
- Rockville [Charleston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockville
- Rockville [Charleston County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Adams Run
- Estimated population in 2019: 136 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rockville have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockville
- Canady Landing [Charleston County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canady Landing
- Canady Landing [Charleston County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Adams Run
- Jacksonboro [Colleton County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Adams Run. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Adams Run.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Adams Run. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Adams Run.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Adams Run. See our Newspapers Page for Adams Run.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Adams Run ...
Looking for more information about Adams Run? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Adams Run, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Adams Run.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for South Carolina
About Charleston County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Adams Run. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Charleston County: www.charlestoncounty.org/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Charleston, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Adams Run - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Adams Run). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Adams Run or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Adams Run) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Adams Run. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Adams Run
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adams Run. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.7207, Longitude: -80.3483
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|