Welcome to Penney's Room ...
Although we found mention of Penney's Room during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Penney's Room was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Penney's Room to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Penney's Room, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Penney's Room might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Standard Time Zone (AST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA).
Note: If you travel east from Penney's Room, you will leave Atlantic Standard Time and cross into the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
We believe that Penney's Room would be found within the (418) and (581)<2> area codes.
Communities near Penney's Room ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Penney's Room.
- L'Anse au Loup
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for L'Anse au Loup
- L'Anse au Loup lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Penney's Room
- L'Anse au Loup has also been known as:
- Anse au Loup
- Jump to Google Maps centered on L'Anse au Loup
- Anchor Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anchor Point
- Anchor Point lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Penney's Room
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anchor Point
- Flowers Cove
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- L'Anse au Clair
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for L'Anse au Clair
- L'Anse au Clair lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Penney's Room
- Jump to Google Maps centered on L'Anse au Clair
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brador
- Brador lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Penney's Room
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brador
- Bradore Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bradore Bay
- Bradore Bay lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Penney's Room
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bradore Bay
- Buckles Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buckles Point
- Buckles Point lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Penney's Room
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buckles Point
- Job's Room
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Job's Room
- Job's Room lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Penney's Room
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Job's Room
- White House
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White House
- White House lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Penney's Room
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White House
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Penney's Room ...
Looking for more information about Penney's Room? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Penney's Room, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Penney's Room.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Penney's Room and then turned west". While Penney's Room could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Penney's Room as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Penney's Room could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (581) is an overlay for area code (418).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Penney's Room) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Penney's Room. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4000, Longitude: -57.1500 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|