When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cranberry.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cranberry. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cranberry.
Large Airports ...
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Philadelphia Intl. (PHL/KPHL)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Newark Liberty Intl. (EWR/KEWR)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA/KLGA)
- John F. Kennedy Intl. (JFK/KJFK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl. (AVP/KAVP)
- Lehigh Valley Intl. (ABE/KABE)
- Reading Rgnl. (RDG/KRDG)
- Williamsport Rgnl. (IPT/KIPT)
- Morristown Muni. (MMU/KMMU)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hazleton Muni. (FAA ID: HZL)
- Hazleton Municipal Airport lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> miles to the north of Cranberry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazleton Municipal Airport
- Carbon Co. Airport
- Carbon County Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Cranberry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon County Airport
- Jake Arner Meml. (FAA ID: 22N)
- Jake Arner Memorial Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Cranberry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jake Arner Memorial Airport
- Bloomsburg Muni. (FAA ID: N13)
- Bloomsburg Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the west of Cranberry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomsburg Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Wilkes - Barre Airport (FAA ID: WBW)
- Wilkes - Barre Wyoming Valley Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Cranberry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilkes - Barre Wyoming Valley Airport
- Schuylkill Co. Airport (ICAO: KZER)
- Northumberland Co. Airport (FAA ID: N79)
- Northumberland County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Cranberry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northumberland County Airport
- Pocono Mountains Muni. (ICAO: KMPO)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Pennsylvania
About Luzerne County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cranberry. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Luzerne County: www.luzernecounty.org/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cranberry), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cranberry) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cranberry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.9540, Longitude: -75.9977 In this case, the coordinates for Cranberry have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).