When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Coy.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Coy. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Coy.
Large Airports ...
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Indiana Co. Airport (IDI/KIDI)
- Ebensburg Airport (FAA ID: 9G8)
- Ebensburg Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Coy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ebensburg Airport
- Greensburg Jeannette Rgnl. (FAA ID: 5G8)
- Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Coy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
- Punxsutawney Muni. (FAA ID: N35)
- Punxsutawney Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Coy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Punxsutawney Municipal Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Somerset Co. Airport (FAA ID: 2G9)
- Mount Pleasant Airport (FAA ID: P45)
- Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Coy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant / Scottdale Airport
- Inter Co. Airport (FAA ID: 31D)
- Inter County Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Coy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inter County Airport
- Rock Airport (FAA ID: 9G1)
- Rock Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west of Coy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rock Airport
- Seven Springs Airport (FAA ID: 7SP)
- Seven Springs Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Coy.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Springs Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Pennsylvania
About Indiana County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Indiana County: www.countyofindiana.org/
The official website for State of Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Coy), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coy) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.5292, Longitude: -79.1411 In this case, the coordinates for Coy have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).