Around Spray ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Heppner. It is located about 37 miles [59 km] to the north of Spray. Heppner has a population of 1,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Condon.
It is located about 33 miles [ km] to the northwest of Spray and has a population of 710 people.
For comparison, Spray has a population of 160 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Spray.<2>
- Condon [Gilliam County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Condon
- Condon [Gilliam County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Spray
- Population from the 2020 Census: 714 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Condon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Condon<3>
- Dayville [Grant County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dayville
- Dayville [Grant County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Spray
- Population from the 2020 Census: 144 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dayville have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dayville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dayville<3>
- Fossil [Wheeler County]
- Fox [Grant County]
- Hamilton [Grant County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hamilton
- Hamilton [Grant County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Spray
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hamilton
- Hardman [Morrow County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hardman
- Hardman [Morrow County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Spray
- Hardman has also been known as:
- Raw Dog
- Yaller Dog
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardman
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Heppner [Morrow County]
- Kimberly [Grant County]
- Lonerock [Gilliam County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lonerock
- Lonerock [Gilliam County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of Spray
- Population from the 2020 Census: 22 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lonerock
- Long Creek [Grant County]
- Mayville [Gilliam County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mayville
- Mayville [Gilliam County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Spray
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mayville
- Mitchell [Wheeler County]
- Monument [Grant County]
- Ritter [Grant County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ritter
- Ritter [Grant County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the east of Spray
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ritter have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ritter
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ritter<3>
- Winlock [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winlock
- Winlock [Wheeler County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Spray
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winlock
For more communities neighboring Spray, please visit our County-by-County Page for Spray.
Wheeler County ...
Spray is located in Wheeler County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Wheeler County: Crook, Gilliam, Grant, Jefferson & Sherman.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Spray ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Spray.
Airports Near Spray ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Spray and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Spray.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Spray ...
Looking for more information about Spray? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Spray. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Spray, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Spray.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Oregon:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Oregon
About Wheeler County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Spray: sprayoregon.us/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Spray.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Spray) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Spray. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SprayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Spray. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8347, Longitude: -119.7939 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Wheeler, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Spray), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|