Welcome to Kent ...
Kent is located in Sherman County<1>.
Kent is 2,710 feet [826 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Kent is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Kent lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Telephone area codes for Kent: (541) and (458)<3>
The ZIP code for Kent: 97033<4>
Communities Also Named Kent ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 47 communities that are also named Kent - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas, British Columbia, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia (2), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota (2), Missouri (3), Nebraska (2), Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York (2), Nova Scotia, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas (3), Virginia (2), Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kent.
Communities near Kent ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kent.
- Maupin [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maupin
- Maupin [Wasco County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the west of Kent
- Population from the 2020 Census: 429 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maupin have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maupin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Maupin<7>
- Grass Valley [Sherman County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grass Valley
- Grass Valley [Sherman County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the north of Kent
- Population from the 2020 Census: 167 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grass Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grass Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Grass Valley<7>
- Antelope [Wasco County]
- Shaniko [Wasco County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Rosebush [Sherman County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebush
- Rosebush [Sherman County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the north of Kent
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosebush have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Monkland [Sherman County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monkland
- Monkland [Sherman County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the north of Kent
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Monkland have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monkland
- Moro [Sherman County]
- De Moss Springs [Sherman County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for De Moss Springs
- De Moss Springs [Sherman County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the north of Kent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on De Moss Springs
- Gordon [Sherman County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gordon
- Gordon [Sherman County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the north of Kent
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Gordon. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Clarno [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarno
- Clarno [Wasco County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the southeast of Kent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarno
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Kent. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Kent.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Kent. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kent.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Kent. See our Newspapers Page for Kent.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kent ...
Looking for more information about Kent? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Kent, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Kent.
Adding Kent to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Kent in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Kent was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Kent
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Kent on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Oregon
About Sherman County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kent. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sherman County: www.sherman-county.com/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Sherman, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Kent - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Kent). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Kent or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kent) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kent. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KentOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kent. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1947, Longitude: -120.6943 |
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|