Welcome to Azalea ...
Azalea is located in Douglas County<1>.
Azalea is 1,640 feet [500 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Azalea lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Telephone area codes for Azalea: (541) and (458)<3>
The ZIP code for Azalea: 97410<4>
Communities Also Named Azalea ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Azalea - they are located in California and North Carolina (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Azalea.
Communities near Azalea ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Azalea.
- Myrtle Creek [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Myrtle Creek
- Myrtle Creek [Douglas County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the north of Azalea
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,483 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Myrtle Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Myrtle Creek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Myrtle Creek<7>
- Canyonville [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyonville
- Canyonville [Douglas County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Azalea
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,965 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Canyonville have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyonville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Canyonville<7>
- Riddle [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riddle
- Riddle [Douglas County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the northwest of Azalea
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,221 people
- Former names for Riddle:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riddle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Riddle<7>
- Glendale [Douglas County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Golden [Josephine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden
- Golden [Josephine County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the southwest of Azalea
- Wolf Creek [Josephine County]
- Greenback [Josephine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenback
- Greenback [Josephine County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the south of Azalea
- Placer [Josephine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Placer
- Placer [Josephine County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the south of Azalea
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Placer
- Sunny Valley [Josephine County]
- Days Creek [Douglas County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Azalea. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Azalea.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Azalea. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Azalea.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Azalea. See our Newspapers Page for Azalea.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Azalea ...
Looking for more information about Azalea? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Azalea, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Azalea.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Oregon
About Douglas County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Azalea. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Douglas County: www.co.douglas.or.us/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Douglas, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Azalea - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Azalea). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Azalea or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Azalea) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Azalea. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AzaleaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Azalea. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.7953, Longitude: -123.2596 |
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|