Welcome to Armin ...
So far, we have found very little information about Armin. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Armin to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Armin, please Contact Us.
Armin would have been located within present day Wallowa County<2>.
The location of Armin has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Armin is 3,870 feet [1,180 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Armin is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Armin was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel east from Armin, you will leave Pacific Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT).
If Armin still existed, it would have been in the (541) and (458)<5> area codes.
Communities near Armin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Armin.
- Enterprise [Wallowa County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Enterprise have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enterprise
- Enterprise [Wallowa County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the west of Armin
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,996 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enterprise
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Enterprise<7>
- Joseph [Wallowa County]
- Imnaha [Wallowa County]
- Homestead [Baker County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Homestead
- Homestead [Baker County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<6> to the south of Armin
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Evans [Wallowa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Evans
- Evans [Wallowa County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<6> to the northwest of Armin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evans
- Lostine [Wallowa County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lostine have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lostine
- Lostine [Wallowa County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<6> to the northwest of Armin
- Estimated population in 2019: 223 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lostine
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lostine<7>
- Cornucopia [Baker County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cornucopia
- Cornucopia [Baker County] was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<6> to the southwest of Armin
- Oxbow [Baker County]
- Pollock [Idaho County]
- Jimtown [Baker County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jimtown
- Jimtown [Baker County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<6> to the south of Armin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jimtown
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Armin. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Armin.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Armin. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Armin.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Armin. See our Newspapers Page for Armin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Oregon
About Wallowa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Wallowa County: www.co.wallowa.or.us/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Armin, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Wallowa, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Armin - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Armin) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Armin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3402, Longitude: -116.9885 In this case, the coordinates for Armin have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|