Welcome to Alsea ...
Alsea is located in Benton County<1>.
The pronunciation of Alsea: AL-see<2>
Alsea is 290 feet [88 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Alsea lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Area codes for Alsea: (541) & (458)<4>
The ZIP code for Alsea: 97324<5>
Communities near Alsea ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alsea.
- Philomath [Benton County]
- Monroe [Benton County]
- Blachly [Lane County]
- Bellfountain Junction [Benton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellfountain Junction
- Bellfountain Junction [Benton County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the east of Alsea
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellfountain Junction
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Blodgett [Benton County]
- Tidewater [Lincoln County]
- Jennyopolis [Benton County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jennyopolis
- Jennyopolis [Benton County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<6> to the east of Alsea
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Jennyopolis. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Westwood Village [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Westwood Village
- Westwood Village [Lincoln County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<6> to the west of Alsea
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Westwood Village have been provided by the GNIS.<9> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westwood Village
- Wren [Benton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wren
- Wren [Benton County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<6> to the northeast of Alsea
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wren have been provided by the GNIS.<9> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wren
- Summit [Benton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summit
- Summit [Benton County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the north of Alsea
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summit
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Alsea. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Alsea.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Alsea. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Alsea.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Alsea. See our Newspapers Page for Alsea.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alsea ...
Looking for more information about Alsea? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Alsea, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Alsea.
Adding Alsea to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Alsea in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Alsea was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Alsea on a map titled Auto Trails Map of Oregon (1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Alsea on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Oregon
About Benton County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alsea. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Benton County: www.co.benton.or.us/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Benton, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Alsea. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Alsea - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Alsea). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Alsea or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alsea) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alsea. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlseaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alsea. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3819, Longitude: -123.5970 |
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<9>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|